ICARO International Training took place from the 12 to the 16 of November at the Hamburger Volkshochschule (Hamburg). This training programme counted with the participation of five selected volunteers. The volunteers were adult educators or counsellor guides and were selected by the national partners in their home countries (Servicio Regional de Empleo y Formacion de Murcia; KEK Tehnikes Sholes Epimelitriou Irakleiou; Socialiniu Inovaciju Fondas and Hamburger Volkshochschule).
The International Training aimed to train adult educators on soft-skills and receive feedback from ICARO training platform that will be used by them to orient unemployed adult learners on soft-skills. The five days-training were led by professionals of the Hamburger Volkshochschule in order to tackle the following issues:
- Existing good practices
- On line teaching environments and tools
- Explanation on different training modules to be delivered later with unemployed adult learners.
- Practical tests among peers on different potential situations that may appear during the training with adult learners.
- Workshop activities, debates, round table discussions, exercises and practical activities, case studies presentation and examples of good practice
ICARO International Training
Hamburger Volkshochschule organized the learning materials as follows, read what participants learnt each day:
- Monday: Trainers get to know their different skills and competences. According to the trainers the main advice is to change teachers and counsellors’ attitude, as could be crucial when dealing with the target group: unemployed adult learners, but also for them when looking for a new job opportunity
- Tuesday: A role game was organsied with met cards in order to develop a six steps goal mapping. The aim of the meta cards was to identify the barriers or obstacles that the target group can encounter and support them to improve their confidence.
- Wednesday: Volunteers learn on that day, that even if each country has different resources but same problems can be encounter in different countries. With true collaboration, thanks to ICARO, it’s possible to make it.
- Thursday: No matter where your career will guide you, you should keep learning and improving your skills for the future.
- Friday: Finally, GRETA competence circle was presented by Hamburger Volkshochschule. This system is developed by all mayor umbrella organisations of Adult Education in Germany with the view to bring that on the EU-level. GRETA in Innovative and Improvement + Competence and Commitment + Assessment, Attitude + Reflection Rolling = Optimistic Outcomes.